Cool Down in Summertime with Sangria
Whether you prefer red or white L’uva Bella wine, these homemade sangria recipes will make any hour happy. We also make our own Sangria to enjoy every week in the bistro.
- 1 Large watermelon
- 1 750-ml bottle L’uva Bella white wine
- 2 c. white rum
- 1 c. Seltzer
- 1/3 c. lime juice (from about 6 limes)
- 2 limes, thinly sliced
- 2 c. assorted fresh or frozen fruit, such as pineapple, blueberries, and strawberries
- Slice off the top third of the watermelon lengthwise (save for later use) and score fruit with a knife. Using a large spoon or ice cream scoop, scoop out watermelon and transfer to blender.
- Blend watermelon until smooth. (If desired, strain seeds.)
- Add white wine, rum, seltzer, and lime juice and stir until combined, then add limes and fruit.
- Refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours, then serve.
Red Room Sangria
- 1 bottle dry red wine (750 ml)
- 1/3 c. pomegranate juice
- 1/3 c. bourbon
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 apple, sliced
- 1 peach, diced
- 1/2 lb. cherries, pitted and halved
- In a pitcher, combine wine, pomegranate juice, whiskey, and honey, stirring until the honey has dissolved. Add fruit. Chill for at least one hour, letting the fruit absorb the sangria a bit.
- Pour into glasses and serve.
Bella Sangria Lemonade
- 1/2 g. lemonade
- 1 bottle L’uva Bella Chardonnay (750 ml)
- 2/3 c. light rum
- 1/2 c. raspberries
- 1 Orange, Sliced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, sliced
- In a large pitcher, combine lemonade, wine and rum. Stir, then add fruit.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour and serve.